Moore fight with Pete - like it or not, they're still on the same side!

JOELTLE515 at aol.com JOELTLE515 at aol.com
Thu Jul 8 18:36:55 CDT 2004

well, this was a rather "dangerous attack", but I think it's something that
needs to be said.   me and sroundtable (apparently, I dunno yer real name!)
have been exchanging e-mails about politics and I find him to be quite an
intelligent individual with alot of information to back himself up whereas alot of
others simply don't. I admire him for that, although we do share a different
point of view on the bush administration. which is cool with me.   he isn't one
to shun down a movie theater for playing moore's film. he actually finds moore
to be a very talented and smart filmmaker, it's just he, obviously, dosen't
believe in much of the info the film provides. which is ok. hey, who says we
have to agree on everything? this is what's great about america. problem is, I
think anyway, is that the right wingers are taking over the airwaves in this
country and are shunning away those with a "left" point of view and I think it
should be stopped. there needs to be more balance and more "respect" for those
with every point of view imaginable. if we have "freedom of speech", let's run
with it.

what's that? trent Lott's still in the senate? that prejudice a-hole? i'm
sorry, but that's really stupid.

maybe not kerry, but wouldn't it be interesting if we had nader for
president? very highly unlikely he'd get chosen, but it's something to think about and
I kinda feel sorry for the guy. it seems no one wants to hear what he has to
say about the issues. I think he should be heard.

Limbaugh IS a liar, let's face it. ha! he thinks marriage is a sacred
institution, and yet he's getting his third divorce. (by the way, bush's brother neil
isn't exactly an "angel" either but let's not get into that..) and he feels
drug addicts should get imprisoned and then he came out about his addiction to
painkillers.

kevin talked about hypocrisy. all i'll say is, to refrain from offending
anyone on this list, is that if there's one thing I hate, it's hypocrisy and I try
not to be a hypocrite myself. sroundtable (what's your name boy?! lol) told
me he dosen't believe in the death penalty, so, ya see, not all republicans are
alike.  in fact, there are some republicans, in and out of washington, that
are turning against bush and his policies.

why I liked the film, is because moore isn't really in it all the way through
like his previous films. he lets the footage do the talking. bush making
faces at the camera right before his announcement of the iraqi war I think was
very telling. and who the hell was that guy who was sucking on his comb and ended
up having an assistant lick his own finger to do his hair? it was so
revolting, even my father (a registered republican who isn't too fond of bush either)
was disgusted.

yes, it seems we have returned to politics on this list. ha! like i've said,
it hits a very thick core with people. kinda like someone making fun of your
mother.

"there is nothing more personal than your politics" - Little steven

"where are the strong? and who are the trusted?" - elvis costello through
nick Lowe