Bad apples all over...

Brian Cady brianinatlanta2001 at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 8 16:45:59 CDT 2004

>From Ananova at:
http://shorterlink.com/?9SJRF2

George Michael shuts 'fan' chatroom

George Michael has shut down his website chatroom
because fans have been slagging him off.

The pop superstar said he was upset to see the forum
"packed full of negative comment".

Some accused him of looking old and overweight and of
not doing enough to promote his new album Patience.

Others had complained about the quality of his recent
recordings.

In a message posted on the website, Michael said: "Hi
everybody, this is George.

"I'm afraid that, having visited the forums on a
regular basis over the past few months, simply to see
how you guys thought the album/interviews/promotion
were going, I have decided to close them down.

"As many of you will know, much of my reasoning for
the future is to stay away from the negativity of the
media, I think that it is bad for me and for music in
general, so I find it really sad to see the forums so
packed full of negative comment, and that so many
genuinely positive fans find themselves defending me
(or themselves) constantly against attack. How
pointless.

"There are plenty of places to read people slagging
each other off, but I wasn't trying to create one in
opening the forum. Those of you that want to carry on
the media's work will have to do it somewhere else I
suppose."

He added: "I feel bad for those of you who have always
been supportive, but I'm afraid I want nothing to do
with the bitching that has evolved between some
members, (many members), and perhaps unofficial sites
will be a calmer affair."

Michael signed off: "Sorry guys, but that's the way it
goes... Peace and Love...or nothing at all."

=====
-Brian in Atlanta
The Who This Month!
http://www.thewhothismonth.com