Are The Who's politics implicit in the songs?

simon malia malias40 at hotmail.com
Thu Jul 8 03:37:36 CDT 2004

Keets writes:

"Are The Who's politics implicit in the songs?"

Yup. That's why The Who are the *most* telling and cutting band of their
stature. And that's precisely why, given that they've changed so much down
the years, I still ove 'em, and find them utterly relevant.

As Peter Meaden said, Mod was a recipe "for clean living in difficult
circumstances". I believe (woooh, yes, my brothers and sisters, I really do
believe) that The Who (and Pete's solo work too) provide both a soundtrack
and a recipe for tough thinking under difficult circumstances.

Simon in Liverpool