Michael Moore: Pete refused WGFA for Fahrenheit 9/11

Jim M petenotped at hotmail.com
Wed Jul 7 09:21:34 CDT 2004

----- Original Message ----- From: "Brian Cady"

> Word came to us that he is not a fan of
> Michael Moore's and in fact supports the war and
> supports Tony Blair and doesn't want the song used in
> any way that would make Blair look bad.

Obviously Pete supports Blair, not the war, per se.  I think there are a lot
of people in that position right now.  What's he supposed to do?  Back the
Conservatives?  Back another party, which has no chance of winning?  Or,
pretend that the war, though it didn't produce the predicted smoking gun,
wasn't all that bad because it did remove an evil dictator from power.
That's politics, folks.

The thing I find amazing is that Moore's camp suggest that if you're not a
fan of his, you must be Conservative.  He'll use any chance he can get to
squeeze out all the publicity he can for his film.  Whether it's Pete
refusing to let him use his music, or making a big stink about the MPAA
rating.  That's fine, but who cares, really?

Jim M