Changing the World: Rock 'n' Roll Culture and Ideology

L. Bird pkeets at hotmail.com
Tue Jul 6 23:16:12 CDT 2004

Here's something interesting for the literary geeks on the list. (Deni, are
you interested in this?  I guess this will include a peek into the Age of
Aquarius.)

Anyhow, this guy is writing an "epic tome" on the subject of Rock Ideology
that appears to include several topics from our recent discussions.
Unfortunately, it's not finished yet, so we'll have to wait a while to hear
his thoughts on how rock music has replaced religion in recent years.

http://www.dntownsend.com/Site/Rock/rock1.htm

The Who as a social force for change appears in Chapter 4.  Hmmm.  That
brings up a question:  Are The Who's politics implicit in the songs?

keets