Where's the bass?

L. Bird pkeets at hotmail.com
Tue Jul 6 22:15:39 CDT 2004

>As far as the bass being "louder" on the Encore discs, I'd say it's a
>number
of factors.  You're listening at a different overall volume and on different
equipment.  The crowd noise will be whatever makes it through various
microphones, instead of you being surrounded by it at the show.  Plus, you
can adjust the settings to your liking at home.  Just because the disc was
made from a soundboard recording doesn't mean it will sound the same on your
stereo as it did on the concert sound system.

Likely you're right, Jim, and I'm making too much out of the comment.  It
did strike me as interesting, is all.

keets