Vega on Daltrey

Sroundtable at aol.com Sroundtable at aol.com
Tue Jul 6 01:05:05 CDT 2004

In a message dated 7/5/2004 11:11:34 PM Central Daylight Time,
thewho-request at igtc.com writes:

> Of the two frontmen, Roger Daltrey seemed to be struggling more, straining
> on certain notes, and also he’s a bit heavier now than he was, not quite the
>
> golden boy he has been.

Well, as for not being a "Golden Boy," he IS 60 years old, Suzanne.  As for
his weight, Roger still has not an ounce of fat on him- he clearly works out
with weights quite a bit and has a thicker build in the chest, abs, and arms.  I
 this case, heavier is actually just stronger and more muscular.  I admire
people who keep in great shape and work hard to stay strong, so it bothered me a
bit to read this mis-info from Suzanne.  Otherwise, I enjoyed her re-telling
of her experience and appreciate her respect for what The Who does.  In
essence, she "gets it."

Mc