psychedelic songs

Marcus Surrealius bushchoked at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 4 09:33:37 CDT 2004

> My vote goes to the whole of Tommy.  Especially the
> Amazing Journey/Sparks
> song.
>
> Psychedelic to me means expanding or enhancing one's
> senses, and
> Tommy is all about senses.

Joe:

I was talking about the music itself. Several of the
demos clearly MEAN to be psychedelic, most especially
Amazing Journey, but the album itself isn't really. In
fact, as has been pointed out, it seems a bit
unfinished. Just good solid Shepherd's Bush
entertainment.

I'll agree with you that the Tommy concept is clearly
based in acid experience. Pete spoke of Tommy's
experiences being vibrations. "Sickness can surely
take the mind where minds can't usually go." So can
(and does) acid.
I've always felt the Acid Queen gave acid to young
Thomas and had sex with him. And that seems to happen
in the movie, too, symbolically. I mean, she becomes
an Iron Maiden ("excellent") and he gets inside her.
Nudge nudge, wink wink, say no more.

"This is a nation that loves our freedom, loves our
country."
      George "I know what I mean" Bush

=====
Cheers         ML