Annoying drummers

Brian Cady brianinatlanta2001 at yahoo.com
Sat Jul 3 07:35:04 CDT 2004

>From Chart Attack at:
http://www.chartattack.com/damn/2004/07/0210.cfm

...In the case of New York trio Secret Machines,
however, the drummer — former Comet pounder Josh Garza
— is exactly who you want. That's because Garza and
his whopping 28-inch kick drum are largely responsible
for the behemoth sound found on the band's recent
major-label debut...
..."I think what's happening nowadays is, the drummer
always has to compromise," says Garza. "Like, 'you
gotta play softer.' And it’s like, man, fuck that —
that's what made Keith Moon and Ginger Baker great, is
they were annoying drummers."...