most psychedelic song

Marcus Surrealius bushchoked at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 2 12:57:21 CDT 2004

> What's the other "most psychedelic song"?
>
> Amazing Journey?

MB:

If you were talking about the demo, I'd say perhaps.
But I was talking about Relax:

"your mind go round
Lay down on the ground
Listen to the sound of the band
Hold my hand
Open up your mind"

Sounds a lot like Steppenwolf's Magic Carpet Ride:

"I like to dream/Right between the sound machine..."

> I may have missed something too, but I always
> thought Pete's most
> psychedelic song was "Armenia City in the Sky".

Chris:

But he didn't write that one, "Speedy Keen" did. I
agree that it's the most psychedelic song they ever
recorded. Rael is a bit psychedelic too, and so is
Melancholia.

But essentially The Who were the least psychedelic of
the major British bands. Even The Kinks did Something
Else and the Stones Satanic Majesty's.

"Families is where our nation finds hope, where wings
take dream."
         George "dream dream dream" Bush

=====
Cheers         ML