Encore! Encore!

Jim M petenotped at hotmail.com
Thu Jul 1 09:21:35 CDT 2004

----- Original Message ----- From: "Bjorn Ciggaar"

> FYI,
>
> They're not mixing anything on the encore CD's, they pull the sound
> straight off of the soundboard and give you the sound as it sounded live,
> unedited.

Good point.  It must be the way they mixed it at the venue.  All of the 2002
Encores I got have some unbalance or other, such as unusually loud or soft
vocals.  This one sounds much more professional.

> The only encore CD that will be mixed will be the Cardiff one,
> because that one will be broadcasted by the BBC.

So Cardiff and IOW were filmed (taped?) for TV?  Does anyone else smell a
DVD?

I'm listenening to it here at work and I've noticed a couple of funny
things.  They were having some problems with the sound.  At the beginning of
MB Pete's complaining he can't hear the "clicky things."  Just then you can
hear someone in the crowd yell, very clearly, "Happy Birthday motherfucker!"
Then, in the middle of the song, when Roger sings, "I want it, I want it, I
want it."  Pete replies in a fed-up tone, "Fine!"

Jim M