Babe Rainbow

L. Bird pkeets at hotmail.com
Mon Dec 27 11:06:53 CST 2004

>  Does anyone know who the woman in the framed Rainbow photo is?

This is a Peter Blake print from the sixties.  Here's info, thanks to some
folks on The Shout:

http://www.britart.com/works/work.aspx?work=3204

http://www.poetrymagazines.org.uk/magazine/record.asp?id=9084

Excerpt:

A.C. Evans
Babe Rainbow

For a brief time I really hoped Babe was my type. It was 1966 and I was on
the fringes of a pretty weird scene in South London. That’s how I first met
Babe Rainbow. Her real name was Lucy Malony. It was a couple of years before
Peter Blake did that picture. It’s a really good painting, or print or
whatever, but it’s not the real Babe, not the Babe I knew, anyway. She said
Blake got her to wear those ‘dippy’ bits ‘n’ pieces because that was what he
wanted and that was that.