S&G

L. Bird pkeets at hotmail.com
Thu Dec 23 00:24:07 CST 2004

So you don't think he's really ill?  I hope not.

keets

>1. simon said himself at his own induction into the rock n' roll hall of
>fame
in 2000 that he regretted the ending of his friendship with garfunkel and
hopes one day, they'll be able to make peace with each other.
2. simon has quite a sense of humor anyway, which means he can say bad
things
but it's really a joke. like after he said all that stuff at the hall of
fame
induction, he ended it by saying, "no rush". which got a big laugh from the
audience and for those who were put off he said, "just kidding, just
kidding,
its new york."
3. simon always had a big band with him. do the "graceland" and "rhythm of
the saints" tours in the 80's and early 90's ring a bell? and even before
that.
also, simon has a knack these days for "flubbing lyrics", mainly because he
dosen't like the old lyrics anymore. I remember him listening to a playback
of
the title track to "graceland" and he said at one point, "eh, the only line
i'd
re-write". it's possible.