More to Moon Bio

Bruce bkawak at chartertn.net
Wed Dec 22 17:01:21 CST 2004

> >Quotes from Karl Green about the Hermits tour.
> http://www.ijamming.net/2003/09Sep8-14.html
>
> Hah.  They aren't in the edition I have, of course.  Were they all that
> bad?

I skimmed through the Hermits tour chapter and found a couple edits.  There
maybe more I don't know, it's difficult to compare as each book uses a
different font so the pages and text are offset quite a bit.

UK ed. page 193:
"Roger earned himself the nickname "Auntie Daltrey" for being "a bit of a
woman", according to the Hermits bass player Karl Green.  "He would sulk a
lot.  He didn't seem particularly hard."

US ed. page 206
"Roger earned himself the nickname "Auntie Daltrey" for being "a bit of a
woman", according to the Hermits bass player Karl Green, but the singer
defends himself by pointing out that his good behavior was motivated by the
fact he was still on "parole" with the Who."  (note: by this time it was
almost two years since the big flare up that almost got Roger tossed)

UK ed. page 202
"The plane eventually made an emergency landing on a foam-coated runway with
some members of the entourage tripping on acid, others continuing a poker
game in denial, Pete Townshend formulating lyrics for a song about a plane
crash called "Glow Girl" that would provide inspiration for the birth of
Tommy, and Roger Daltrey, according to witnesses, at the front of the queue
for the emergency exit."

US ed. page 216
"The plane eventually made an emergency landing on a foam-coated runway with
some members of the entourage tripping on acid, others continuing a poker
game in denial, Pete Townshend formulating lyrics for a song about a plane
crash called "Glow Girl", which was about a child born in the immediate
aftermath of a plane crash.  It would provide inspiration for the birth of
the rock opera Tommy."

Bruce