Fallout Shelter...

Sigel, James (N-CSC) james.sigel at lmco.com
Wed Dec 22 09:06:56 CST 2004

Joe:

>Is Fallout Shelter a Who reference?

Joe, every time I hear that song, I try and associate a Who reference.
Like the other references (and forgive me if I butcher some of these
lyrics) - The Beatles ("the quartet in the park"), Bob Dylan ("the
Jester"), Mick Jagger ("Jack Flash"), and of course, Buddy Holly.

The most obvious reference to The Who I've been able to justify, and
weakly at that, is the line, "not a word was spoken, all the churchbells
were broken".  I conveniently associate the broken churchbells with the
smashed instruments at the end of a Who concert.

A long shot I know.  But the "fallout shelter" reference is quite
interesting too; I never made that association before.  It's a bit of a
stretch, but I like it!

Jim in Colorado