S&G Tour

JOELTLE515 at aol.com JOELTLE515 at aol.com
Wed Dec 22 00:25:01 CST 2004

last I heard, simon had carpal tunnel syndrome a long while back. willie
nelson had it recently too. could be just "old age".

I think when you get the DVD, it'll be worth the money you spent on it.
especially since you happened to have attended one of the shows.

the stray cats is where brian setzer comes from. ever heard of brian setzer?
led a new wave of swing music for a while in the 1990's due to his rendition
of Louis prima's "Jump Jive an wail" with the brian setzer orchestra? the stray
cats had hits in the 80's like "we're gonna rock this town, rock it inside
out.." and "stray cat blues". very 1950's rockabilly type stuff but very good
(at least to me). the group reunited last year for a tour of europe and a show
from the brixton academy (sound familiar?) came out on DVD and CD earlier and
the DVD is spellbounding. the musicianship, everything. very cool stuff.