Eminence Front as a Punk Song

L. Bird pkeets at hotmail.com
Tue Dec 21 23:12:50 CST 2004

>>I'm tempted to agree, even though I think it's a jazz
>beat and very late in The Who's career to be producing punk.  I'm sure they
>thought they were a long way from punk at that point.
>

>well... I dunno. in the words of paul simon about not arguing with
>garfunkel,
"hey, that's your opinion, and I...respect that".

That WAS a pretty frosty tour last year, wasn't it?  I was hoping they had
come to terms with their problems, but apparently not.  It's a shame to
spend most of your life hating someone you should love.

>>It has to do with the attitude expressed. I know we've dissected this song
before without agreement. Mark thinks it's a sunny invitation to party.
Now here's somebody that says it's a punk statement. What do you think? Is
that a punk attitude or not?

>"come and join the party, dress yourself to kill". not sure on that one..

It's an interesting thought, isn't it?  This guy has pegged it without
thinking too deeply into the music or the era or the state of The Who.

Anybody else have an opinion?

keets