Eminence Front as a Punk Song

JOELTLE515 at aol.com JOELTLE515 at aol.com
Tue Dec 21 23:02:41 CST 2004

In a message dated 12/21/2004 11:22:00 PM Eastern Standard Time,
pkeets at hotmail.com writes:

> Actually, I think he classified RGLB is an example of "angst" and "Sister
> Disco" as "pissed off."  However, he has placed "Eminence Front" squarely
> into the punk genre.  I'm tempted to agree, even though I think it's a jazz
> beat and very late in The Who's career to be producing punk.  I'm sure they
> thought they were a long way from punk at that point.

well... I dunno. in the words of paul simon about not arguing with garfunkel,
"hey, that's your opinion, and I...respect that".

It has to do with the attitude expressed. I know we've dissected this song
before without agreement. Mark thinks it's a sunny invitation to party.
Now here's somebody that says it's a punk statement. What do you think? Is
that a punk attitude or not?

"come and join the party, dress yourself to kill". not sure on that one..