Christmas (and other) Stuff

L. Bird pkeets at hotmail.com
Fri Dec 17 23:47:51 CST 2004

Aha.  Here it is in the reviews.  TSO may be, in fact, Savatage dressed up
in some Christmas tinsel.

;)
keets

>Best alternative for Trans-Siberian fans, October 30, 2004

Reviewer:  M. Boone (Dallas TX) - See all my reviews

Like so many of us, I only heard of Savatage because I'm addicted to the
Trans-Siberian Orchestra. Most of the Savatage guys (maybe it was all of
them) are involved in TSO. See savatage.com: Sarejevo 12/24 originally
appeared on a Savatage album, "Dead Winter Dead." The "Wake of Magellan" is
at least as cool a story as "Christmas Eve and Other Stories," and the music
is splendid.

TSO fans like myself: based on my experience with "Wake of Magellan," know
that Savatage leans more towards metal rock than the TSO projects. "Wake of
Magellan" might seem a little bit less artsy than TSO if you don't like the
metal rock sound as much, especially if you love the way TSO can combine two
different Christmas carols on electric guitar and sound like the angels must
have sounded on the first Christmas. Anyways, "Wake of Magellan" is a lovely
rock opera.