Christmas (and other) Stuff

L. Bird pkeets at hotmail.com
Fri Dec 17 22:34:48 CST 2004

Um.  I'm sort of following up on some reviews I posted a couple of weeks
ago, and I'm going to invest in the Trans-Siberian Orchestra this year for
Christmas.  I'm not sure I'll like all their Christmas operas (have been
listening to samples over at Amazon.com), but I'm going to have to have that
heavy metal version of "Carol of the Bells" aka Christmas Eve (Sarajevo
12/24).  I don't know anything about these guys.  Does that title mean it's
a live track?

(Still waiting for The Who to release that live "My Generation" jam from
2000, BTW.  I kept thinking I heard a rock opera forming up that year.)

Bare Naked Ladies Christmas album sounds good, too.  Anybody else investing
for Christmas?

>From TSO, I've gotten sidetracked to Savatage, who also apparently do heavy
metal rock opera--just not about Christmas.  Has anybody heard THE WAKE OF
MAGELLAN?  Comments?  Reviews?  I think I hear Who influence here.

keets