News from "The Bill"

L. Bird pkeets at hotmail.com
Wed Dec 15 22:11:57 CST 2004

"The Bill" is a UK crime drama that Roger appeared in a while back.  Here's
a mention of it:

http://www.smh.com.au/news/TV--Radio/Son-of-a-Beech/2004/12/14/1102787064882.html?oneclick=true

Excerpt:

Born in East London, Murray enrolled at drama school because it seemed like
"an easy option". "I couldn't get work at the docks because my father was
Irish," he says. "The only way in was as a messenger boy, but I got the
sack."

After graduating, he worked in theatre before moving into film and TV, where
he often played the heavy. He was one of the thugs who beat up James Fox in
the 1970 movie Performance and was just as hardbitten in McVicar, a 1980
prison movie starring rock star Roger Daltrey. The film led to a friendship
and Murray got Daltrey a role as a heroin addict on The Bill about five
years ago.