1973 Wig Attack

L. Bird pkeets at hotmail.com
Sun Dec 5 19:25:05 CST 2004

Repost from Whochat Forum:

>You've probably all heard about the 1973 'Top Of The Pops' performance of
>"5:15", the one where the producers were so shocked at the gear-smashing
>finale that they edited it out of the broadcast...but here's an amusing
>little something I'd never heard before about that night. Taken from
>today's Sunday Express:

Cliff Richard: Celebrating the 500th edition of Top Of The Pops, the now
Knight Of The Realm had his performance interrupted by a mysterious shower
of wigs. The culprits turned out to be bored Who roadies who had broken into
the BBC props cupboard.

This is the only time in my life I've found myself seeking out Cliff Richard
wesbites for bootleg TV footage!