A quarter of a century ago

Scott Schrade schrade at akrobiz.com
Sun Dec 5 10:37:50 CST 2004

> Today makes it 25 years since the Cincinnati Eleven
> were asphyxiated.

Thanks, Anna.  I was thinking about that all day Friday.
What a tragedy.  Just imagine how it affected the band.
Pete says Roger broke down in tears at the news.
Imagine that.

I remember seeing U2 in 1987 at the old Cleveland Stadium.
We had field seats & after the show people started pushing
& squeezing to get out of the *two* exits they had for people
on the field.  We were all squashed together & at one point
my feet were off the ground yet I was still "moving" as the
mass of people had become fluid like a liquid with undulating
waves of pushing.  For a few minutes, it was quite scary.

I can only imagine the horror that the people in Cincinnati
experienced.

<silence>

Jacqueline L. Eckerle, 15 (went to the concert with her friend, Karen Morrison)
Karen L. Morrison, 15 (see above)
Bryan J. Wagner, 17 (went to the concert with his brother)
Peter Douglas Bowes, 18
David J. Heck, 19 (went to the concert with a friend)
Stephen McGhee Preston, 19 (went to the concert with friends)
Phillip K. Snyder, 20
Connie Sue Burns, 21 (mother of two; went to the concert with her husband)
Walter H. Adams, Jr., 22
James Theodore Warmoth, 21
Teva Rae Ladd, 27 (mother of two)

http://www.crowdsafe.com/taskrpt/