Pete's monstrous jumps

Sroundtable at aol.com Sroundtable at aol.com
Tue Aug 31 22:24:59 CDT 2004

In a message dated 8/31/2004 9:24:58 PM Central Daylight Time,
thewho-request at igtc.com writes:

> >WOW!
> >A *MONSTROUS* scissor jump by Pete!
>
> Pete's amazing for such an old bugger, no doubt, but the still photo's are
> much more impressive than the video clips.  For some reason the same jump
> looks much higher, much more athletic, when it's "frozen and timeless."

That's always been the case.  Any time one can catch someone in mid-air and
freeze it for posterity, it's always much more impressive and dramatic.  At a
show it's just a fleeting glimpse.  For those of you who saw Pete in the 60s
and 70s:  Were you floored by any one jump, or was it by the series of jumps and
windmills and guitar licks of the entire performance?

I will say that he caught a really awesome split jump at Shoreline on Aug. 7
right at center stage in front of Roger that stood out among all the jumps
I've seen him do in his 50s.  It was high and VERY agressive.  Nothing a 59-yr
old ought be doing.

Mc