Badlands vs. It's Hard

JOELTLE515 at aol.com JOELTLE515 at aol.com
Sun Aug 29 21:50:54 CDT 2004

well, "badlands" I thought sounded like "if not for you" by bob dylan (also
recorded by george harrison on "all things must pass"). at least the riff
anyway. "badlands" came out on springsteen's "darkness on the edge of town" album
in 1978 and "it's hard", i'm sure you know, came out in 1982. so you do the
math.

I remember reading thewhothismonth.com like about a year ago and it mentioned
that pete was considering hiring songwriters for the next who album after
"it's hard" and amongest the suggestions was springsteen. and someone pointed out
already that the piano on "old red wine" sounds alot like the "darkness"
title track. pete's in love with that album or what?