David Bowie's site

Jim M NakedI at comcast.net
Fri Aug 27 16:11:49 CDT 2004

----- Original Message ----- From: "Kara Billings"

> It is said that Bowie is up on how to run his franchise he knows how to
make
> the money. Still I love his music. He is a great entertainer. And at least
> he is not losing money on what he has earned for himself.
> But still some places it just is over board. Not every one can afford it.
> And the band sites are really nice to just click on for any one. They keep
> you up to date on what is going on with the band and more.

I wonder how much it costs Pete to run his site.  He's got to pay Matt,
right?  And there's all this video they've been putting up.  That's got to
consume a fair amount of bandwidth when they're on tour.  But then he sells
product throught the site, too.  Is that more profitable than selling
through retail chains?  Do other artists have so much work that you can
*only* get through their sites?

Jim M