Visibility of The Who right now

Steve seeker at elkvalley.net
Fri Aug 20 19:07:27 CDT 2004

Hi there, Steve in Canada here.

A thought, a new thread? What is the list opinion of the visibility of 'The
who' currently?

I'm asking this after notcing that in my world, I've been hearing a lot of
Who stuff - more so then I ever remember.

-On TV (CSI and its spin-offs)
-On TV (commercials)
-news discussions (CBC mostly) about politics seem to run a bit of 'Won't
Get Fooled Again'
-Radio 'best of' phone ins and discussions have got Who tunes (like
Substitute...!)
-Rush and their EP have *two* Who tunes (ie; 25% of the EP) - The Seeker,
and Summertime Blues (I know, I know, but this is to me a Who tune, as per
the max R & B concept)
-Best of lists in mag's etc.
-JAE article in Bassist
-PT articles in Guitar mags
-Who songs in mags, transcribed fairly regularly
-Air time on classic radio seems to be up...

What do others think?

Steve