Ingredients

Alan McKendree amck at thenetdr.com
Thu Aug 19 10:25:47 CDT 2004

>Date: Wed, 18 Aug 2004 18:29:45 -0400
>From: "Scott Schrade" <schrade at akrobiz.com>
>
>Plus, it's their *jobs.*  Their livelihood.  As harsh as it sounds, I think we
>sometimes lose sight of that.

Jumping in:  I *never* would say that Pete & Rog should stop
performing.  As you say, it's their livelihood, plus they do a great
show, and I'd enjoy seeing it.  But I do think that they are trading
on the brand name when they shouldn't be.  If they can't let go of
the name completely, let them go out as "A Who" or "The Who2", and
see what sort of a fan base they can build.  I think it would be
large -- heck it might be unchanged from their current draws -- but
unfortunately they don't seem to be willing to take that chance.

The bottom line is that The Who means different things to different
people (including Pete and Roger).  What we're seeing onstage now is
someone's -- presumably Pete and Roger's -- definition of The Who.
Your mileage may vary.

Cheers,
--
Alan
"the average Texan...carries not just a gun but a SHOTGUN."