Hollywood Bowl

Jdtr006 at aol.com Jdtr006 at aol.com
Wed Aug 18 16:02:47 CDT 2004

Hi guys!
I was going to wait on this review till my videos and PICS were up, but that
might take a little while longer. The pre-show was excellent, "The Who Show"
were really great. If anyone has the chance to see these guys, please do. They
have the sound and the moves. Roey has a great voice. Talked to him after the
concert, really nice guy, he said they were thinking of doing some eat coast
things. So that would be nice for all us out here. It was so nice to meet Jo,
she is so sweet. MC, I am so sorry I missed you. I think we got there around
4:30. Jo and I both won some really cool stuff, posters, shirts, etc. Just a
wonderful time!
The concert started 1 1/2 hours late. I know Rod Stewart was in the audience
(have PIC to post later) and I was told Eric Clapton was there also. Front row
was awesome and did get video. A couple fights broke out with people trying
to get up from the back rows. Nice crowd, but not as lively a crowd as I am use
to. Maybe it was front row, most of the people sat through the show. So
anyway....
The Who was there terrific self. Pete was possessed, he was all over the
stage, his energy level was way up there. More windmills then I ever seen him do
at a show. When he machined gunned the front row with his guitar, it blew me
away. He had that "Pete look" on his face most of the show. His eyes closed so
tight, concentrating on that guitar. Roger's voice was in top form, I was
surprised after all the reviews of shows before this. He must have really nursed
it. Pete had his water bottle, but I noticed Roger had his mug of honey. Roger
was tired, you could really see it on him. He missed the mic a few times and
one time missed hitting Zak in the head by an inch. Zak ducked, Roger looked
worried, but it missed him and they both let out a laugh of relief. Don't get me
wrong, Roger gave 100%, but he was not totally there. Cindy, you were up front
with us, maybe you can support what I mean about Roger. Short show guys, they
were on and off in a blink. Wow, this has gotten too long, sorry. Will let
everyone know when PICS and video is ready.....Sandy
Larry.....where the heck where you?????