Ingredients

Scott Schrade schrade at akrobiz.com
Tue Aug 17 16:58:46 CDT 2004

> But...then I'd have to say Roger isn't nearly as
> important to The Who as was Entwistle.

Oooo....you gotta be careful there, man.  One can make the
argument that Daltrey contributed the least to The Who's sound,
but even *that* is debatable.  A Who without Daltrey as singer?
It's hard (!) to even wrap my mind around that one....

And we must take into account the dynamic between Pete &
Roger, their two differing personalities, & how that has played
a LARGE part in not only Who history, but The Who's sound,
as well.  Would Pete have *sounded* the way he did if Daltrey
had left The Who in 1965?  Who would've brought out all that
anger in Pete?

- SCHRADE in Akron

"I mean....Jesus Fucking Christ....they were whackos."
    - Pete Townshend, 2004, on demanding hippies.