Who Knew; Far-away Eyes; Charley; A different Who

Marcus Surrealius bushchoked at yahoo.com
Sat Aug 14 10:16:11 CDT 2004

> This is the point of the discussion.  Women think
> they ARE better now.

Keets:

I thought they always had. But I was talking about the
band.

> They're more musically accompllished, and they're
> more accessible.

IOW, watered down and not as intense?

> Definitely take care, but at least it's weakened
> some.

Yeah, it's coming in right now and I still have power
etc. Not so bad. And it's going fast, so even if it
does get bad, it won't be for long.

> There were some
> folks in South Florida we haven't heard from this
> morning.   I hope
> everything turns out safe for everybody.

Florida got pounded. We're just getting smacked
around. Hit in the face, you might say.

> It's still The Who.

Jim:

Ringo and Paul. And I mean the real Ringo.

> They weren't close in 1978.

They were the same in 1975. And in 2000 they were
damned close. It's not a continuous thing.

> Marquee Club.  That's how life works.

When it works. But some people have standards and live
up to them. Some let things slide.

> No, it's just what's left of the greatest rock and
> roll band there will ever

Well, you said it yourself. It's "what's left." It's
not the band, it's what's left. I agree with you
completely.

> Were you there for Hugo?  I visited MB a few months
> after that and the
> damage was still very evident.  Good luck this
> weekend.

I was here for Hugo, but that didn't hit MB...it was S
of here. But also a storm more like what hit Florida
yesterday. Still...the trees are decidedly more
horizonal than usual. And it's raining like Hell.
Waves of water through the air. 56 MPH gusts at last
check. I still have power, but I expect to lose it at
any minu

"I rarely read the stories, and get briefed by people
who are probably read the news themselves."
    George "but maybe they aren't" Bush

=====
Cheers         ML