Who Knew?

L. Bird pkeets at hotmail.com
Fri Aug 13 15:50:21 CDT 2004

>I thought maybe when I saw pictures of the show, it might spark some of
the passion I might have forgotten.  No, not really.

>Things have changed for me with the Who. Yeah, being closer would have been
way cooler.  But, the fact of the matter is, I think my priorities have
changed.  I left the show feeling empty and disappointed.

The Oz fans got something really special this time around, that is: a meet
and greet with Roger and Pete.  Others got their autograph and a short
conversation with only an iron grille between.  The size and intensity of
the audience in the USA not only prevents this, but makes it hard to even
get a seat in the front few rows.  In case you don't know, the center front
seats at HB have gone for $2500 each in past years.  That's a rich crowd in
Hollywood, so $200 only gets you a sucky seat.

BTW, this is why Alan was hoping they would change the name of the band just
a few posts back.  He thinks that way he can avoid the expensive and
stressful competition for close seats.   ;)

You have my sympathy, Jo.  I was a the HB show last tour in a seat pretty
far back, and I know the music doesn't have quite the same magic that far
back.  However, it's still a good experience to find people you know and
make some new Whofan friends.  Glad to hear the Wholala was such a success.
:)

keets