Who Knew?

SicilianMother at aol.com SicilianMother at aol.com
Fri Aug 13 08:04:58 CDT 2004

A few things were awesome for me over last weekend. I'll save them for last.
But, there were way to many things wrong.

1.  After a mega-stressful week at work, and all the prep to leave on Sunday,
I was completely exhausted.  Enter a freakin' migraine which I still haven't
fully gotten rid of.

2.  I thought, especially after paying $5.00 dollars to see My Fair Lady and
enjoying it so much, my $200.00 ticket would be so much better.  I even went
to the feature where you can plug in your seat # and see you view of the stage.
 It looked pretty good.  When I found my seat, I was insulted that I had to
watch the screens to see anything. Make note of that for future ticket
purchases at the Hollywood Bowl.

3.  Another issue:  After watching most of Matt's vids, I pretty much had
seen the same show, over and over. I guess the videos are a good news bad news
thing.  In 2002, I got to get a good taste of that emotional tour by the videos
which were like gold to me, not having the means to see a show.

4,  Sadly, I didn't feel much of a connection to the band from where I was.

5.  I thought maybe when I saw pictures of the show, it might spark some of
the passion I might have forgotten.  No, not really.

Things have changed for me with the Who. Yeah, being closer would have been
way cooler.  But, the fact of the matter is, I think my priorities have
changed.  I left the show feeling empty and disappointed.

Now to the good news:

1.  I was in heaven being with all the wonderful Who fans at Whola.  Now THAT
was meaningful to me.  Did you all know Sandy is a tall gorgeous blonde?
Heather Daltrey ain't got nothing on her.  Unfortunately, due to the migraine I
had to leave early.  If could do that day over pain free, I'd want to meet each
and every person who was there.

The Who Show hired a video guy and I am looking forward to seeing that.  I
definitely felt the connection with them.

Who knew?

Jo