Who's in Theaters

Scott Schrade schrade at akrobiz.com
Tue Aug 10 11:36:17 CDT 2004

> Was the picture smaller than a regular movie where you saw it?
> I think a bigger picture would have made a huge difference in
> impact, but I don't think the resolution would have held up.

Not sure if this is related but some of the smaller art-house theater
complexes have little, tiny viewing rooms as well as the larger,
theater-sized rooms we're all used to.

When I went & saw the theatrical release of the remastered QUAD
movie, it was showing in this small, like 40-seat theater, & the screen
was more similar to a giant-screen TV than a normal theater screen.
And the volume was dreadfully low.

So, maybe you, Jim, saw the film shown on a projector for those
smaller rooms.  I don't know.....

Well, I guess I'm not too upset I missed the showing.  (Although
I may have gotten to hang out with Chris in Cleveland.)  I saw a
great pre-season NFL football game last night in Canton, OH.
Kevin & Stu's Washington Redskins beat the Denver Broncos
in the closing seconds, on a game-winning field-goal.

Now, I'm off to Best Buy to but the new IOW DVD for my
personal, 20-inch, LOUD screening.  ;-)

- SCHRADE in Akron

John Kerry For President
http://www.johnkerry.com/