Who's in Theaters

Frate, Chris (EM, PTL) chris.frate at penske.com
Tue Aug 10 08:46:25 CDT 2004

I too was disappointed by the "Tommy" portion, even though I have the old DVD, so I should have known what to expect. I probably thought they would have fixed some of the errors in the new one. It wasn't so much the missing songs (although "Amazing Journey" is sorely missed) as the missing verses in the songs that were there and the haphazard editing that bothered me. The price also bothered me. It was $15! Maybe this was mentioned before and I just missed it, but I was expecting more of a movie type admission.

On the positive side, the film is really a showcase for Keith. Also, the freshness and energy of the "new" songs, "Water" and "I Don't Know Myself" are absolutely unbelievable!

_Chris in Cleveland