Shoreline review #4

L. Bird pkeets at hotmail.com
Sun Aug 8 22:11:11 CDT 2004

>From WhoAreYou:

>Well, what can I say?? We saw them last night at the "Shoreline
Ampitheatre" in Mountain View, CA and they were f**king fantastic!!!
I've been a fan since 1965 and, since we've all gotten older, I
really didn't expect to see the energy level that I saw. Pete was
doing the 'windmill' with his arms and leaping about the stage and
Roger was just like he always was. They seemed like 25 year-
olds..... all over again.

The set list was:
I Can't Explain
Substitute
Anyway Anyhow Anywhere
Baba O'Riley
Behind Blue Eyes
Real Good Looking Boy
Who Are You
Drowned (acoustic Pete)
Punk And The Godfather
Love Reign O'er Me
Eminence Front
You Better You Bet
The Kids Are Alright
My Generation / Old Red Wine
Won't Get Fooled Again

Encores:
Pinball Wizard
Amazing Journey / Sparks
See Me Feel Me

They blew the audience away and, to me, it was almost like a
Religious experience...... the intense emotions I felt just seeing
these guys that I've loved for 39 years now was overwhelming. I
shouted, yelled, whistled and sang along with all these songs that I
knew SOOOO well.

Zak Starkey is a fantastic Drummer and all but made you forget that
Moonie was no longer there. Pino and 'Rabbit' were likewise damn
good in their roles; as was Simon.

If you get the chance on this Tour......... SEE THEM!! It was
incredible!!