Shoreline - Wow!

Tim Herrlinger tjh at socrates.berkeley.edu
Mon Aug 9 02:21:41 CDT 2004

Got back from last night's concert at the Shoreline Ampitheatre near San
Francisco.  What a show!!
Pete was on fire and the crowd seemed to drive him along.  There was mutual
respect and love that truly went both ways tonight.  Pete was so into the
songs that he literally got on his knees during "Won't Get Fooled Again"
and clasped his hands together in prayer.  I've never seen or read about
that after seeing dozens of Who concerts.  And he didn't just stand while
in the Birdman pose - he "flew" around as he banked his arms to one side
and then the other while his guitar was ringing!  Check out Matt's photos
at Pete's site.
My wife Sue and I were fortunate to have gone to the Sydney and Melbourne
shows last month, but this Bay Area performance was much tighter (with the
exception of Substitute), more energetic, and LOUDER!  All the guys played
and sang exceptionally well.  We've already ordered this show from the
Encore series and if you're looking for a great CD from this tour, buy this
one.

Tim