Good Roger/Bad Roger, Fountain of Youth, Long Live The Who

O'Neal, Kevin W. Kevin.ONeal at vtmednet.org
Mon Aug 9 11:24:13 CDT 2004

>Tom Fency
>Good Roger/Bad Roger, Fountain of Youth, Long Live The Who
>
>Pete was forced to join the band

Is such a thing with Pete even possible?  ;-)

>Pete was content solo, he had his public and he was happy, in his way.
Less
>profitable, we guess, but happy anyway. But then "The Who" came in like
>thunder, and the "magic bus" is on the road again. For good and for
bad.

I don't think Pete was very happy with his solo career.
At A Day in the Garden show, you could see the pain on his face when he
"joked" about what a commercial flop PsychoD was.
He knew his solo career was over.
And, when Roger started pressing for The Who to get going, a side of
Pete (IMHO) realized that The Who was all he had left if he really
wanted to be "out there" in the public eye.
Given John's predicament, it all came together at the right time.

That and 3 cents gets you a nickel.

Kevin in VT

"Cocaine is a terrible drug."
Rick James