Pino's Bass

Dereck Evans delbut98 at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 9 05:26:01 CDT 2004

Scott wrote
>On the bright side, Pino's bass lines are actually
audible (gasp!).
>And low & behold he makes dozens of expressive, if a
bit stilted,
>bass runs & flourishes to accent the music.  Some
good stuff.
>Pity I couldn't hear a note of it while actually at
the venue.

I don't know which is worse...
A Pino that sucks, or a Pino that's good but can't be
heard.
What the????

Having listened to the Cardiff recording, albeit on
radio because my fucking encore cd still hasn't turned
up, Pino sounded very prominant. And at the gig,
standing inbetween him and Rog, he was quite loud. Not
sure what's happening here. Definitely not loud enough
but it works for me. It is obviously possible to turn
him up in the mix for the cds so it must be a
Townshend thing?? It gives him more of a chance to
express himself without a bass player getting in his
way.
Oh, the ego o him.