Shoreline - Wow!

Tim Herrlinger tjh at socrates.berkeley.edu
Sun Aug 8 02:50:27 CDT 2004

Just got back from the Shoreline Ampitheatre near San Francisco.  What a show!!
Pete was on fire tonight and the crowd seemed to drive him along.  There
was mutual respect and love that truly went both ways tonight.  Pete was so
into the songs that he literally got on his knees during "Won't Get Fooled
Again" and clasped his hands together in prayer.  I've never seen or read
about that after seeing dozens of Who concerts.  And he didn't just stand
while in the Birdman pose - he "flew" around as he banked his arms to one
side and then the other while his guitar was ringing!
My wife Sue and I were fortunate to have gone to the Sydney and Melbourne
shows last month, but this Bay Area performance was much tighter (with the
exception of Substitute), more energetic, and LOUDER!  All the guys played
and sang exceptionally well.  We've already ordered this show from the
Encore series and if you're looking for a great CD from this tour, buy this
one.

Tim