Shoreline review #1

L. Bird pkeets at hotmail.com
Sun Aug 8 07:27:49 CDT 2004

Repost from alt.music.who:

Same set list as Maui. A cool, laid back show by the band tonight.
Highlights
for me were Punk And The Godfather, RGLB and Old Red Wine, the latter song
that
I have not yet heard on 2004 Encore series CD until this show, not bad at
all!
Roger performed RGLB with more conviction than what I had last seen on RAH
video clip. It was worth to see Pete up close--on screen, uttering his lines
of
"pounding stages like a clown" during Punk And the Godfather. I would had
thought I was watching a rare peformance like However Much I Booze! Classic.
Pete said something to the audience about "throwing millions of dollars"
during
Eminence Front. Pete's solo during Love Reign O'er Me was sweet! Cool guitar
howl by Pete in the opening for Who Are You, too. I wish there were more
obscure songs in the setlist, as expected, no new dices to roll. The crew's
coasting thru in the cool summer night, and there's one more show down
south,
then they're off to home. No guitar crunch tonight, just a bunny hop after
WGFA. LLR!