Band Photos

Scott Schrade schrade at akrobiz.com
Fri Aug 6 18:44:15 CDT 2004

> I think he needs to move on, though. Existing in the
> past, reworking past glories, is not what I expect
> from Pete Townshend.

But hasn't that been a tactic of The Who & Pete throughout their
career?  How many times did Pete "rework" TOMMY?  And
their concert set-list has relied on their "past" since 1975!

> > Ouch.  Is Scott even here to defend himself?  ;-)
>
> Defend from what?

You made fun of KISS, you.....you....you Jane's Addiction fan!!

> I'd rather not be a witness to the band's
> disintegration, compromises. I remember when they
> soared among the eagles.

You were on board in 2000.  You're just mad that they continued
on after Entwistle died.  You act like that was the first time The
Who made a questionable decision in their entire career. The band
is a fuck up.  Pete is a fuck up.  They've been fucking up from the
very start!  This behavior shouldn't come as any surprise to you.

> It's ENDED already. It's not in HIS hands. Now he can
> admit it, or deny it.

Oh, but it *is* in his hands.  And it *hasn't* ended.  Just like
it didn't end in 1965.  Just like it didn't end in the mid-'70s.
Just like it didn't end after Moon died.  Just like it didn't end
after the Cincinnati tragedy.  Just like it didn't end when Pete
quit in 1983.  Just like it didn't end after the 1989 tour.  Just
like it didn't end after the 1996 tour.  Just like it didn't end
after OX died.  Just like it didn't end after Pete's arrest.

*You've* quit.  Pete hasn't.

- SCHRADE in Akron

If you don't think that logic is a good method for determining what to
believe, make an attempt to convince me of that without using logic.
      - Brett Lemoine