Pete as reluctant spiritual leader

Scott Schrade schrade at akrobiz.com
Fri Aug 6 12:16:02 CDT 2004

> > ....enjoying a great deal of "non-crazy" friendship with his bandmates,
> > which he didn't have in the old days.
>
> So you think the behavior of his bandmates were a source of some of his
> discomfort in the early years?

Whoa!  Pete was right there in the thick of things!  Partying it up with the rest
of them.  By all accounts, he & Moonie were the worst offenders.  If any-
thing, Pete should've been influenced by the proper behavior of Daltrey!
(Proper, in this case, being simply taking a "bird" back to your hotel room,
banging her in private, & falling asleep.)  Daltrey's the spiritual leader, not Pete!

> Do you suppose he's listening to these live recordings like we are, trying
> to feel what's there?

I doubt it.  He keeps remarking how "easy" it is to play live these days, &
how f-ing great he is at it.  Playing live isn't any kind of a challenge for him
these days which would make him want to examine what he's doing & giving
it much thought.

- SCHRADE in Akron

Not only is there no God, but try getting a plumber on weekends.
      - Woody Allen