Pete forced to be spiritual leader?

Scott Schrade schrade at akrobiz.com
Fri Aug 6 12:05:30 CDT 2004

> I'm talking about how it looked during the TOMMY years, when he wrote
> that about the "deaf, dumb and blind kid" who becomes a messianic star.
> That's Pete, of course--the deaf, dumb and blind kid who discovers a
> mysterious, worthless talent, similar to pinball, we gather.

We must remember the lesson in TOMMY.  Tommy turned out *not* to be
a spiritual leader.  The masses rejected him.  He was left alone at the end.
Whether via hubris or the corrupting effects of his parents, Tommy failed.

"Don't want no religion."

> But did Pete know this?  All through the seventies, he's feeling like a fake
> becauses he sings about personal enlightenment, but can't even achieve a bit
> of it for himself.

Right.  So, how is this spiritual leadership?  If anything, it makes him a common
hypocrite.

> Pete does seem more comfortable with his position these days.  Maybe he's
> discovered that he's channeling the cultural consciousness and he doesn't
> really have to explain or to answer for what he sings.  Or maybe he's just
> given up the rock and roll lifestyle.

Yes, despite the child porn fiasco, Pete seems to be more peaceful & less
troubled these days.  He's becoming wiser with age, IMO.  Content with
his past, content with his present.  Plus, he's got a hot piece of ass for a
girlfriend.  That can't be too damaging on the ego.

- SCHRADE in Akron

Not only is there no God, but try getting a plumber on weekends.
     - Woody Allen