Band Photos

Marcus Surrealius bushchoked at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 6 10:31:06 CDT 2004

> But, despite not being into those discussions, you
> didn't see me going "oh
> yawwwwn", and this list sucks now "piss off."

Kevin:

I was agreeing with someone else, who said something
like that. I notice you didn't take issue with him. Or
the people who whined about political discussions
revolving around Pete with one hand yet posted the
"OhboyI'mgoing" with the other hand.
Be evenhanded, how about it?

> Great, then everyone will make derogatory comments
> about every little thing
> they don't like.

Newsflash: they ALREADY ARE. As you are, here.

> "Band Photo" kind of slapped at me.

Don't be so sensitive. I was using the same subject
Tom did to reply to what Tom wrote.

> Sorry my post was sooo offensive that it raised this
> level or ire.

Who's got ire? Not me. Just mentioning.

> Hey, if someone doesn't buy the Kiss CD that's been
> sitting on your self for
> years, do you tell them they're stupid?

Acutually it'd be more like the other way around. If I
was to tell them anything. But each to his own sewage.

> People participate when it interests them.  But,
> they shouldn't be made to
> feel bad if they don't, of if they go off in another
> direction that isn't
> quite *your* cup 'o tea.

Perhaps they should think about that before they start
complaining in the first place. Seems like I'm last in
line, and the one who's getting all the grief.

> about an upcoming show.  And, I actually like to
> read about that passion,
> and the after show glow.

Each to his own sewage.

> Maybe if you'd get your ass to a show sometime this
> decade, you too would be able to share in the fun!

I've been to actual WHO shows, and yeah they're great.
I'll catch Velvet Revolver when they come around here,
and Jane's Addiction next time they reform and tour.
Meeting the other Whofans is great, but at this point
the only reason to go to a "Who Revue" show. Even the
Encore series, it seems, show why NOT to attend the
concert.

> Both are positive things!

But not the same things, which means my statement
wasn't contradictory, as you said.

> You don't want a new album.

I never said that. With the absence of Pete solo
albums, I'll be happy to listen to a new group album.
It's a pity it'll be called a Who album, when it's
not.

> I say...Hey, ya got to make money to keep things
> going.

Sometimes it's better to end on a high note. Hey,
didn't Townshend himself say that about The Who once a
long time ago in a galaxy far, far away?

> But Mark, you've got to let people talk about The
> Who as it is now and will
> be and what's going on, even if you don't want to be
> along for that ride.

How am I "stopping" them, exactly? And, to be quite
blunt about it, some of these very same people ARE
stopping any Who-related political discussion by
complaing to Paul or threatening to leave. Paul can
verify, if he wishes, that I haven't complained about
ANYONE on this list EVER.
So, shit, I was just agreeing with Tom. Now it's an
"issue." This isn't freedom, this is "Bush freedom."

> I seem to remember the explanation of the delay was
> for lack of technology reasons.

Good thing I didn't wait to get the deluxe package. I
had a feeling.

"This isn't a contest of who's the most generous. I'm
just telling you as an aside. We're generous. We
shouldn't be bragging about it. But we are. We're very
generous."
      George "brag brag brag" Bush

=====
Cheers         ML