MSG Encore

Frate, Chris (EM, PTL) chris.frate at penske.com
Fri Aug 6 08:53:56 CDT 2004

In the Cardiff broadcast, it sounded to me like he and Simon doubled the lines, where Simon went high and Roger went low. It must be very aggravating to Roger to not be able sing like he wants to, considering that of all the famous rock singers of his era, he seems to have taken the most precautions to save his voice, e.g. stopping smoking (unlike Bowie & Plant), extensive warm-up routines, etc. Of course, listening to the way he sings on LAL or the Who's Next Deluxe live portion, that full-out wail can't be good for your throat.

-Chris in Cleveland