Legal issues

L. Bird pkeets at hotmail.com
Thu Aug 5 19:50:15 CDT 2004

>Isn't there some kind of legal issue involved here which prevents Pete (or
>any artist) from reading or responding to unsolicited material?

I don't know that it's a legal issue, but word has gone around that he won't
do it because later he might be sued for copyright infringement if he
accidently remembers some of the music or lyrics when he's composing.

I wonder about him listening to ANY cds, though.  Seems like he would
accidently incorporate some Pearl Jam just as easily.  However, maybe he
feels like unsolicited material could be a trap.

keets