The Who Mailing List Digest, V11 #220

Tom Fency tomfency at hotmail.com
Thu Aug 5 18:48:17 CDT 2004

Yeah, David Townshend, you're absolutely right. You, ahnr (excuse me), Pete
Huntington is not a teacher, mentor, or spiritual guide. You, sorry, He is a
man who writes and performs music for a living, following his muse and
writing what can fulfill him. Pete, as many in his time, was interested in
mystic stuff, UFO, and so on, and then discovered MeherBaba, read His books,
and found something deeper in his (Pete's) heart. Based on that, created
Tommy, a dude deprived of all external senses making his amazing/spiritual
journey through the vibrations around him. And then became a Messiah to his
audience, although he couldn't be that one, simply because he is only a
guitarist/musician with a bunch of good ideas. But, BUT, his music opened
that magical door to everyone who listen to it, because is a charmed music,
do you know that? You are a Spiritual Wizard, even if you don't wanna be
like one. Live with that, or retire forever.

Tom