WILLIE_&_THE_POOR_BOYS__MUSIC_DVD_release_scheduled

Brian Cady brianinatlanta2001 at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 5 06:30:18 CDT 2004

--- Alan McKendree wrote:

> This just in. FYI.  For some reason, John's not
> mentioned in the
> personnel list at the bottom, either as part of the
> band or as a
> featured artist.  Minor oversight, I'm sure:

I did a little research on this. According to the
Rolling Stone database at:
http://www.nzentgraf.de/books/tcw/1985.htm
John appears in the Willie and the Poor Boys film only
as an audience member (interview?). He doesn't
perform.

Guess Wyman had the good sense not to take the stage
with a member of The (classic) Who given The Stones
poor on-stage track record when paired with them (cf;
NME 1966, Rock 'n' Roll Circus 1968, Concert For New
York 2001).

=====
-Brian in Atlanta
The Who This Month!