Pacific Players definition of TOMMY

L. Bird pkeets at hotmail.com
Wed Aug 4 20:20:34 CDT 2004

Here's what Greg Harbert has to say about TOMMY and his spiritual journey
(see below).  I think the TOMMY as the messiah has a satirical twist, as
Pete felt forced into that position back in the sixties, all because he had
a couple of useless talents, that is: writing songs and playing guitar for a
popular rock band.

Does Pete have mixed feelings about his spiritual journey?  Does anyone
think he may feel forced into the position of spiritual leader?

keets